We solve fuel problems!
Job Description – Field Lead
FuelCare is the Pacific Northwest’s leading provider of fuel tank inspection, field reporting and fuel polishing services.
We work with private companies, government municipalities, and military to ensure that their fuel and fuel tanks are fresh, clean, and ready to provide the highest quality fuel at all times. We ensure that fuel works as expected when powering fleets or emergency generators.
This position leads Field Teams on a daily basis in the inspection, reporting and polishing of gas and diesel fuel tanks.
Ideal candidates for these position have basic background and knowledge of petroleum, electrical (AC/DC), plumbing, mechanical and hydraulic equipment. All employees are expected to be professional and friendly at all times with clients and other employees. Training and supervision is provided, but our work requires technicians that can put safety first at all times, while staying quick on their feet.
Candidates must follow company safety policies and have a “Work Safe” attitude.
Company vehicles may be provided and a clean DMV is required. All candidates must successfully complete pre-employment testing as described below.
Special consideration is given to ex-military personnel.
- Responsibility for the quality, safety and client satisfaction for all field work
- Assist in recruiting, and train, mentor and lead field personnel
- Ensure high client satisfaction at all times
- Participate in setting safety standards, both documented and in everyday practice
- Verify all tools and supplies needed on company vehicles are stocked as appropriate
- Continually improve our processes and efficiency – looking for ways to increase production safely
- Ensure that all reports, records, timesheets, client information are entered and processed punctually
- Support the sales process with clients and prospective clients to sample tanks, educate on fuel and tank conditions, generate estimates and invoices on the fly as needed
- Set a good example for other employees at all times
This position is required to safely drive/operate fleet trucks, operate fuel cleaning equipment, and maintain appropriate records of all activities.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Operating company vehicles, to get to the FuelCare office and client locations
- Maintaining a positive, work-safe, respectful and professional attitude at all times.
- Operating fuel cleaning equipment with training provided.
- Basic equipment maintenance, cleaning and safety inspections skills.
- Must be able to work in tight spaces.
- This position requires the ability to perform physical labor (lift 80 lbs) on a daily basis, in various weather conditions.
- Must be comfortable with technology, working with an iPad for writing field reports, taking photographs and retrieving client information.
- Peak seasons and emergency jobs will require the candidates to work overtime, including occasional evenings, weekends or holidays.
- This position may also require out of state travel, and staying overnight to complete jobs as needed.
- Mechanical ability/experience is very useful.
- Work hours will vary based on customer needs. Opportunities for overtime exist so availability is a must.
- Be able to work around fuel, tolerate petroleum fumes and maintain strong safety standards.
- Able to drive a large truck.
- Must be able to pass a health screen and DOT urinalysis, which will be required upon hiring.
- Candidate must possess or be able to obtain a Class ‘B’ CDL license within 90 days of employment. Candidates must have the ability to obtain HAZMAT endorsement if not already passed within 90 days of hire.
- Have a clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and ability to maintain a positive driving record throughout employment.
- Must be able to pass Federal level background check, MVR and reference checks.
- Comfort using service manuals, maps and tablet computers.
- Strong prioritizing, problem-solving, and decision making skills
- An assertive, results-oriented “can do” attitude
- Flexible, team player – ability to change directions quickly
- Candidate must demonstrate strong verbal communication skills, high attention to detail, and have professional aptitude, outgoing personality
- Due to safety concerns, we can not hire smokers
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org