How We Clean Your Tanks
More Efficient Pumps with the FUELCARE System
You can reduce the chance of future problems by following FuelCare’s preventive maintenance program. We’ll work with you to develop a treatment schedule which, when used consistently, will control harmful microbes in your underground tanks.
To maintain peak fuel performance and keep your pumps running smoothly, we recommend these steps:
- Check the flow rate at the dispenser. The rate should be approximately 9 gallons per minute. If the flow rate is significantly below this, then:
- Check your fuel filters. They provide early warning signs of contamination in the fuel tank.
- Keep water out of fuel. Water is the host environment of the microorganisms that cause fuel contamination.
- Determine which way the tank “tilts” or if it is flat. Check for water at the deep end of the tank.
- Keep water and other contaminants out of the fill pipe contaminant sump. Liquids left in the sump often end up in the tank.
- Regularly treat your tank with biocide. A fuel-soluble biocide is needed to control microbial contamination in fuel tanks.